1. Salvy Thomas and Stephen Joseph. Seed science and technology for conservation of medicinal plant species. National seminar on ‘conservation and sustainable utilization of red listed medicinal plants of Western Ghats of India’. Newman College, Thodupuzha, September, 2 & 3, 2010,
2. Salvy Thomas and Stephen Joseph. In vitro pollen germination studies in Oroxylum indicum (L) Vent. An endangered medicinal tree species: XXXIth Annual Conference of Indian Botanical Society, December 17 – 19, 2008.
3. Kunhikannan C, Venkatasubramanian N, Nagarajan B, Sivalingam R, Pramodkumar N and Salvy Thomas. Diversity and population density of trees and lianas in Medicinal Plant Conservation Area (MPCA) in Kolli Hills, Eastern Ghats, Tamil Nadu: National seminar on conservation of Eastern Ghats. Environmental Protection Training and Research Institute, Hyderabad. December 28 -29, 2007.
4. Salvy Thomas and Stephen Joseph. Natural Anti obesity agent in Garcinia- gummi-gutta – an endemic species of Western Ghats: XXX Annual Conference of Indian Botanical Society, Gwalior, November 28 – 30, 2007.
5. Stephen Joseph and Salvy Thomas. Genetic studies in the Adiyas and Paniyas of Waynad District, Kerala: International Symposium on Human Genomics and Public Health, National Centre of Applied Human Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal NehruUniversity, New Delhi, 2006.
6. Kunhikannan C, Rakesh K Dogra, Venkatasubramanian N, Pramod Kumar N, Sivalingam R, Salvy Thomas. Threatened species recovery study of medicinal plants in Silent Valley Medicinal Plant Conservation Area (MPCA): Workshop on the Conservation and Research Needs of Medicinal Tree Species of Kerala Part of the Western Ghats. Kerala Forest Research Institute, Peechi, Kerala, 2003.
Anumol Mathewm and Salvy Thomas. 2019. Green Synthesis, Characterization and Applications of Silver Nanoparticles using Thunbergia grandiflora Roxb. Journal of Nanoscience and Technology. 5 (2) 669–672.
.Zachariah SA, Nayaka S, Joseph S, Gupta P, Thomas S and Varghese SK. 2018. New and noteworthy records of lichens from Pathanamthitta district, Kerala, India. Studies in Fungi 3(1): 349–356.
Alen Alex Philip and Salvy Thomas. 2016. Meiobiota Associated with Funaria hygrometrica Hedw. Collected from Pathanamthitta district of Kerala. SB Academic Review, XIX (1), pp.78–81.
Sunil kumar T, Scaria K Varghese, Salvy Thomas, Pramod kumar N, Jayson Joseph, Krishnaraj M V, Antony, V T. 2012. Lippia alba (Mill.) N. E. Br (Verbenaceae) - An addition to Flowering Plants of Kerala. An addition to Flowering Plants of Kerala. Indian Journal of Forestry 35 (1) - pp105- 106.
Kunhikannan C, Venkatasubramanian N, Pramod Kumar N, Sivalingam R, Salvy Thomas and Sibin thampan. 2011. Diversity of woody species in the Medicinal Plant Conservation Area (MPCA) of Silent Valley National Park, Kerala. Biodiversity. 12 (2) 97 – 107.
Salvy Thomas, Stephen Joseph and Antony V T. 2008. In vitro pollen germination studies in Oroxylum indicum (L) Vent. A rare medicinal tree species. Indian Journal of Botanical Research. 4 (3&4): 421-426.
Salvy Thomas. 2008. Clonal propagation through in vitro callus regeneration in Enicostema axillare (Lam) Raynal – A rare medicinal herb. Indian Journal of Botanical Research. 4(2): 189-196.
8. Stephen Joseph, Salvy Thomas and Aiswarya M. 2008. Genetic studies on the Mavilans of Kasargod District, South India. Indian Journal of Multidisciplinary Research. 4 (4): 547-552.
Salvy Thomas, Stephen Joseph and Soni Scaria. 2008. Natural anti-obesity agent in Garcinia gummi-gutta; an endemic species of southern Western Ghats. Indian Journal of Botanical Research. 4(1): 65-68.
Salvy Thomas, Gangaprasad A and Stephen Joseph. 2006. Direct organogenesis in Enicastema axillare (lam) Raynal – an important medicinal herb. Indian Journal of Botanical Research. 2(2): 205-210.
Salvy Thomas and Gangaprasad A. 2006. Rapid clonal multiplication through in vitro axillary shoot proliferation of Enicostema axillare (lam) Raynal – a rare medicinal plant. Indian Journal of Botanical Research. 1(1): 115-120.
Salvy Thomas, Chacko K. C and Stephen Joseph. 2004. Distribution, Regeneration and conservation of Gluta travancorica Bedd. Indian Journal of Multidisciplinary Research, 1(1): 101 – 105.
INVITED LECTURERS IN WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS AND CONFERENCES:
Resource person, ‘Talent Hunt- Shasthrajalakam’ held on 29th and 30th December, 2019 at St. Berchmans College, Changanassery, organised by SIET, Kerala.
Invited lecture on ‘Seed science and Technology’ organised by the Dept. of Botany, St. Georges College, Aruvithura on 26th July 2019.
Resource person, ‘Talent Hunt- Shasthrajalakam’ held on 1st December, 2018 at St. Berchmans College, Changanassery, organised by SIET, Kerala.
Resource speaker, Seminar on ‘Recent trends in Life Sciences’ at St. Thomas College, Pala on 12th March, 2018.
Invited lecture on ‘Seed science and Technology for Medicinal Plant conservation’ in the UGC sponsored national seminar on ‘conservation and sustainable utilization of red listed medicinal plants of Western Ghats of India’ on 2nd and 3rd September, 2010 at Newman College, Thodupuzha
Orientation Course (28 days) 01.01.2013 to 28.01.2013 at Academic Staff College, Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram.
Refresher Course (21 days) 18.11.2014 to 08.12.2014 at Academic Staff College, Kannur University, Kannur.
Refresher Course (14 days) 11.07.2019 to 24.07.2019 at Academic Staff College, Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram.
DETAILS OF SEMINARS/ CONFERENCES ORGANIZED:
Member of the organising committee in the state level workshop and PG Project presentation organised by the Dept. of Botany St. Berchmans College and Kerala Botanical Society on 05th August, 2017.
Rapporteur in the technical session science and society of the 29th Kerala Science Congress held at Mar Thoma College, Thiruvalla on 29th January, 2017.
Member, Indian Botanical Society (IBS)
INVOLVEMENT IN THE ACADEMIC BODIES OF OTHER INSTITUTIONS:
Member, PG Board of exminers, (1) CMS College, Kottayam.( 2) SH college Thevara, (3) St. Teresas Colege, Ernakulam
OFFICIAL ROLES IN ADMINISTRATION / CORPORATE LIFE OF THE COLLEGE:
1. Chairman PG Board of Examinations in Botany, SB College 2019-20 onwards
General Coordinator, SADP, SB College 2017-18 onwards
Assistant Coordinator, Value Education Dept. SB College 2018-19 onwards
Curator, Regional Herbarium of Kerala, SB College 2014-15 onwards
IQAC Department Coordinator Botany Department, SB College. 2017-18 onwards
Member, Arts Club committee, SB College. 2019-20 onwards
Mentor, M.Sc. Botany. 2017-18 onwards.
Chairman UG Board of Examinations in Botany, SB College 2015-16 to 2018-19 9. NCC officer, (Army) 2010- to 2012. 10. Botany Associatiion Charge, 2010 to 2015