Department of Short Term Programmes
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are courses made available over the internet. Most forms of MOOCs provide unlimited participation at free of cost. Well-designed MOOCs are highly engaging with the participants. Swayam is an India specific MOOC that has been evolving everyday in terms of content, richness and breadth of courses. SWAYAM (Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds) is a digital platform which gives open access to information, education and learning to anywhere, anytime to everyone. It is a portfolio of interactive online courses made available free over internet under the initiative of Ministry of Human Recourse Development, Government of India. It is designed to achieve increased access, better equity and higher quality of educational opportunities. The courses hosted on SWAYAM has video lecture, specially prepared reading material that can be downloaded/printed, tests, quizzes and an online discussion forum for clearing the doubts.
Enrolment is now open for the January – June 2020 semester
NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning) provides E-learning through online Web and Video courses in Engineering, Science and Humanities streams and organize the respective exams.
NPTEL Online Certification Courses: NPTEL is now offering online certification courses through its portal https://swayam.gov.in/nc_details/NPTEL. There are 4week, 8week set 1 and 2 as well as 12week courses.
– Enrollment to Courses is FREE.
– Enrollment to courses and exam registration can be done in ONLINE mode only.
– One may enroll in as many courses as they like.
– Exam Dates – Mar 29, 2020 and Apr 25 & 26, 2020
– NPTEL Certification exams will be held during the forenoon and afternoon sessions on these dates.
– The entire process of filling up of the application form and uploading of certificates/documents, etc. is in online mode only.
– The payment of exam registration fees is through electronic mode.
Full course list of January-June 2020:
For further details contact Mrs. Sajini T, SPOC & Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Mob: 9656145617