The Department of Commerce came into being in 1962 with Pre-Degree Course. It started B Com in 1965 and M Com in 1981. In 2008, the Department was elevated to research centre in Commerce offering Ph D of the Mahatma Gandhi University.
- B Com (Finance and Taxation)
- B Com (Computer Application) (Unaided)
- B Com (Finance and Taxation) (Unaided)
- M Com
PRE- DOCTORAL PROGRAMME
- M Phil in Commerc
- Ph D in Commerce
Dr.Antony Joseph K
Associate Professor & HODView Profile
Mr.R Unnikrishnan Nair
Assistant ProfessorView Profile
- The departmentstarted offering Ph D programme in 2008.At present there are 5 research guides in the department.
Dr Stephen Mathews M Com, M Phil, Ph D (Director, BIMS, St Berchmans College)
Dr Jacob Thomas M Com, M Phil, Ph D(Retired Faculty, Dept of Commerce, St Berchmans College)
Dr James Devassia (Retired Faculty, Dept of Commerce, St Berchmans College)
It contains 267 books and 300 project reports.
COMMERCE READING ROOM
Business and trade related newspapers, journals related to commerce, industry, and business are made available for students and research scholars
COMMERCE CAUSERIE :
Inter-collegiate Commerce Fest
- Since 2015 we have been organizing the Golden Jubilee Memorial Endowment Lecture instituted by Dr Stephen Mathews, former HOD of the department.